Please read these booking conditions carefully as they are the sole terms and conditions of the contract between you and Retreat Away for all bookings.
– All prices listed are per person and are all in pounds sterling unless otherwise stated.
– We reserve the right to change or amend prices at any time before you have booked.
– Once your booking has been made and we have received payment from yourself, the prices are guaranteed and won’t change unless an amendment is made.
– Please be aware that we also reserve the right to increase the total cost of your holiday prior to your departure if currency fluctuations between GBP and your respective destination’s currency results in the costs to us of providing your holiday rise by more than 2%. Any increase will be no more than 10%.
1b. Deposits and Payments
– If your booking is within 8 weeks of the retreat then payment is due in full, otherwise to confirm your booking we require a 50% deposit which is non-refundable, and the balance is due 8 weeks before your holiday.
– Your deposit secures the quoted price unless amendments are made to your booking.
– Your booking is only confirmed once you have received confirmation from Retreat Away via email through receipt of a booking voucher.
– If full payment is not received by your payment due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at loss of deposit.
– If you cancel your booking the following charges will apply:
– If you cancel your booking, your deposit payment is non-refundable.
– If we need to cancel the retreat for any reason, we will move your booking to another date and confirm to you.
– If you fail to turn up to any part of your holiday, 100% of the holiday cost will still be charged.
– Your cancellation notice must be written and the date by which this is received will be the date applied to the above cancellation conditions.
- Your Responsibility
2a. Documents for Travelling
Travel Insurance covering personal accident and injury, including outdoor and adventure sports is compulsory for all clients attending our retreats.
The client confirms that they have understood that it is their responsibility to do so.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any visas in your booking party necessary to travel to the destination you have booked are organised and arranged by yourselves, this is not Retreat Away’s responsibility.
You should ensure that you have a valid passport and, as many countries require expiry dates on passports to be a considerable length of time after the return from holiday, we would recommend that your passport is valid for 6 months after return.
2b. Personal Account & Injuries
All clients confirm that they are in good mental and physical health and are unaware of any reason why they may not take part or may be likely to suffer illness or injury within the holidays and retreats. Failure to disclose any relevant health information may result in the client being withdrawn from certain activities. The client will not be entitled to any refund of payments made under this termination contract.
The client understands that the programme is entirely voluntary and that it is recommended that they have been cleared by their doctor or physician that they are fit (mentally, emotionally and physically) to attend a Retreat Away retreat. The client therefore acknowledges and agrees that they have received approval and been given permission from a medical professional to participate or have decided to participate without the approval of their doctor or physician.
The client understands that the Retreat Hosts can adapt their programme to suit abilities, but that they are not doctors or physicians and cannot replace the advice and expertise of a medical professional.
The client understands that they have the complete right to stop or decrease exercise at any time during a session and that it is their obligation to inform the Retreat Host of any symptoms such as fatigue, chest discomfort or shortness of breath.
The client accepts that participation in the sessions laid out on the schedule, including the use of equipment, but not exclusive to, increases heart rate and body temperature.
The client understands that exercise involves certain risks, including but not limited to, serious neck and spinal injuries resulting in complete or partial paralysis, heart attack, stroke or even death. Also, injuries could occur to bones, joints or muscles. Slips, falls, and unintended loss of balance could result in muscular, neurological, orthopedic or other bodily injury. The client understands that part of the risk involved in undertaking any activity or program is relative to their own state of fitness or health (physical, mental, or emotional) and to the awareness, care and skill which the clients conducts themselves in that activity or program.
Knowing the material risks and appreciating, knowing and reasonably anticipating that other injuries are a possibility, the client hereby expressly assume all of the delineated risks of injury, all other possible risk of injury, and even risk of possible death, which could occur by reason of the client’s participation.
2c. Client Behaviour
The Retreat Away team reserve the right to remove a client from the retreat if they believe their behaviour is detrimental to the mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing of the group. The behaviour will be discussed verbally in the first instance, with the second warning being in writing. If the same behaviour is repeated a third time, we will remove the client from the retreat, and they will not be entitled to any refund of payment made under this termination of contract.
Please note that we are not open 24 hours a day and do not have an emergency out-of-hours contact should an emergency arise outside our opening hours which can be found on the top right of our website, we cannot therefore be held liable for any costs as a result from missed flights, transfers or accommodation. Should any urgent situation arise please leave a voicemail or send an email and we will respond as quickly as possible. For training purposes and your own security, your call may be monitored and recorded.
- 3. Problems and complaints
If you have a complaint whilst you’re on holiday, please bring this to the attention of the office/hotelier/supplier immediately so you have the best chance of resolving your issue; failure to do so may hinder any claim you wish you make on return. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact us so that we can be best equipped to help you whilst you are away. If you wish to complain on return, you must do so within 28 days from the day of arrival back home.
- 4. Payment
We accept debit or credit cards as a form of payment for your holiday. We can also accept payment by bank transfer. Unfortunately, we do not accept AMEX payments.
UK – 0203 6375994